Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
What is Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
This is a procedure used to treat anyone whose hormone levels drop or become unbalanced. It is often used to ease symptoms of menopause and it also improves symptoms of cancer.
Firstly, what are hormones?
Hormones are chemicals that are made by your endocrine glands. The glands release hormones into your bloodstream to be carried to the appropriate body part. It’s difficult for you to function properly when your hormones are out of balance. A hormone imbalance can cause weight gain or mood swings that affect your day-to-day life. Hormones control a number of bodily functions like: Metabolism, Reproduction, Growth, Sexual function etc.
What are Bio-identical hormones?
These are man-made hormones derived from plant estrogens that are chemically identical to those that the human body produces. Estrogen, progesterone and testosterone are among those most commonly replicated and used in the treatment.
Who needs Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy?
· People who are succumbing to adverse effects old age
· People struggling with life changes like perimenopause & menopause
· People suffering from cancer
Benefits of Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy
· Curbs weight gain & mood swings
· Reduces vaginal dryness
· Reduces hot flashes & night sweats
· Curbs erectile dysfunction and Manopause (acute decline in testosterone in men)
· Improves energy levels & memory
· Improves quality of sleep & interest in sex
· Improve symptoms of cancer
· Treats insulin resistance
· Treats adrenal and thyroid disorders
· Treats osteoporosis & fibromyalgia
Breast tenderness, bloating, and weight gain are the most reported side effects of Bio-Identical Hormone Replacement Therapy.