Laser Hair Removal
Laser Hair Removal involves a laser emitting a light that is absorbed by the pigment (melanin) in the hair. The light energy is converted to heat which damages the hair follicles that produce hairs. This damage inhibits or delays future hair growth.
Safe Laser Hair Removal requires a well-trained laser operator who can vary the different laser parameters as explained below;
Laser Pulse Width (Shutter speed)
Different levels target hairs of different diameters. Fine hairs heat up quickly but are unable to hold the heat and require short pulse widths while thicker hairs heat more slowly and hence require much longer pulse widths.
Wavelength (Colour of Light)
· Skin Type: The darker the skin, the higher the wavelength needed.
· Depth of Hair Follicles: The variations also enable effective treatment of multiple depths of hair follicles. For example upper lip hair isn’t as deep as bikini hair.
· Colour of Hair: Effective treatment of light colored fine hair requires a laser with a high attraction to melanin compared to darker thicker hairs.
Laser Power (Fluence)
The more powerful the laser, the better the outcome. Any cheap low powered laser system can induce a temporary hair loss lasting between 1-3 months. Permanent hair reduction requires high quality lasers that can produce the large amounts of power needed to heat the follicle to 65-70 degrees centigrade ensuring irreversible damage to the hair.
Laser Spot Size
Small spot sizes are most effective for the treatment of smaller superficial hair follicles, while larger spot sizes are ideal for deeper targets. Also, the larger the spot size, the deeper the laser penetration. Bigger spot sizes enable the therapist to rapidly treat larger body areas with comfort and ease.
Benefits At Refine Skin And Body
· Eliminates ingrown hairs.
· Saves time – It is quick.
· Precision – It is accurate.
· Speed – Each pulse of the laser takes a fraction of a second and can treat many hairs at the same time.
· Predictability – Most patients have permanent hair loss after an average number of sessions.
We offer a range of permanent hair reduction solutions which allow us to customize our treatments to individual needs. Once the desired ‘hair free’ effects are achieved, maintenance sessions once or twice per year are advisable to sustain the results.