A HydraFacial is a non-invasive 3-in-1 procedure that deep-cleans, exfoliates and hydrates your skin. The HydraFacial is also sometimes called “Hydradermabrasion” because it involves microdermabrasion-like exfoliation paired with hydrating serums.
HydraFacial Procedure in detail
Step 1: During a HydraFacial treatment, the skin is first exfoliated and cleansed with a small tool, followed by a gentle acid peel to remove any remaining debris in the pores.
Step 2: Your skin pores then undergo a painless extraction process.
Step 3: Finally, to complete the HydraFacial treatment, the skin is nourished with an antioxidant-rich serum.
The HydraFacial treatment usually take about 45 minutes to complete and doesn’t require any downtime. After just one treatment, many patients report seeing visible skin refinement. It is totally painless.
What does a HydraFacial treat?
- Skin dehydration
- Skin discoloration
- Skin aging
- Uneven skin texture
HydraFacial Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. What is a HydraFacial?
It is an invigorating treatment that delivers long-term skin health and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of all skin types. It offers instant, noticeable results with no downtime or irritation. The Hydrafacial treatment removes dead skin cells and extracts impurities while simultaneously bathing the new skin with cleansing, hydrating and moisturizing serums. The treatment is soothing, refreshing, non-irritating and immediately effective.
2. Why is it great for my skin?
Hydration is the foundation of healthy, radiant skin. Irritation of the skin has been proven to increase signs of aging. Hydrafacial treatments are hydrating and non-irritating.
3. What is the difference between HydraFacials & traditional facials?
Unlike traditional facials, it’s performed via device rather than by hand, for deeper penetration and longer lasting results.
4. How is a HydraFacial treatment is superior to the traditional facial?
- There’s no manual extraction with a HydraFacial which makes the process gentler on the skin.
- HydraFacial results last much longer.
- HydraFacial results can easily be seen and felt instantly (which can happen with a Traditional Facial but to a less extent).
- There’s more visible hydration with after a HydraFacial.
- A HydraFacial will minimize dark spots which is not likely with a Traditional Facial.
- In case you have fine lines, a HydraFacial will significantly blur them which isn’t the same expected effect from a Traditional Facial.
In a nutshell, a HydraFacial adds the proven results of microdermabrasion to the nourishing benefits of a traditional facial to gently extract impurities from your face while removing dead skin cells from its surface.
5. What are the side-effects of a HydraFacial Treatment?
None! You may only feel light pressure from the wand during the procedure. Unlike other cosmetic treatments, the HydraFacial isn’t supposed to cause pain or redness.
6. What is the recommended frequency of a HydraFacial?
The accurate answer is derived after examining your skin but on average, once a month.
7. Am I a candidate for a HydraFacial Treatment?
The Hydrafacial treatment is designed for all skin types. Even the most sensitive skin easily tolerates the Hydrafacial treatment. Our Lead Specialist may recommend specific treatment serums and/or customize the treatment for your unique skin conditions and needs.
8. What is the downtime after a HydraFacial Treatment?
HydraFacials require zero downtime! You can even apply makeup and go about your day immediately following treatment.
9. What difference should I expect to see after the HydraFacial?
Many clients report seeing visible skin refinement and an even, radiant skin tone after just one treatment. The smooth results and hydration may last 5 to 7 days or even longer but one treatment per month is recommended for improving the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, brown spots, oily and congested skin. Continued HydraFacial treatments are highly recommended to maintain skin health results.
10. How you can differentiate between a genuine HydraFacial provider & a fake one!
Beware of the increasing number of providers offering fake HydraFacials that can irrecoverably damage your skin. Look at the machine logo: If it looks strange for example: HydroFacial instead of HydraFacial MD, you probably looking at a fake or it’s a completely different service. Some illegitimate facilities sometimes use a microdermabrasion or traditional facial in place of a HydraFacial MD machine.