Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that removes fat that you can’t seem to get rid of through diet and exercise. Other names for liposuction include Lipoplasty, Liposculpture Suction, Lipectomy, or Lipo.
When you gain weight, fat cells increase in size and volume. Liposuction reduces the number of fat cells in a specific area. The amount of fat removed depends on the appearance of the area and the volume of fat. The resulting contour changes are generally permanent as long as your weight remains stable.
Who may need Liposuction?
· People that are close to their body goals but with areas where fat isn’t responding to diet & exercise
· Ladies struggling with post-natal weight gain
· People with “double chins”
· Guys with love handles & “man-boobs”
Are you a Candidate?
· Yes, if you have stable body weight (within 30% of your ideal weight) but have too much body fat in specific spots.
· Yes, if you are in good health before you get it.
· Yes, if you have firm, elastic skin.
· Yes, if you don’t smoke.
· Yes, if you don’t have health problems with blood flow, heart disease, diabetes or a weak immune system.
What body parts are viable?
Liposuction is used to remove fat from areas of the body that haven’t responded to diet and exercise to improve their shape such as the:
· Upper arms
· Calves and ankles
· Chest and back
· Hips and thighs
· Chin and neck
· In addition, liposuction can sometimes be used for breast reduction or treatment of gynecomastia.
What to & not to expect!
· After liposuction, the skin molds itself to the new contours of the treated areas. If you have good skin tone & elasticity, the skin is likely to appear smooth.
· If your skin is thin with poor elasticity, the skin in the treated areas may appear loose.
· Liposuction doesn’t improve cellulite dimpling or other skin surface irregularities.
· Liposuction doesn’t remove stretch marks.
· Adverse reaction to anesthesia
· Temporary fluid accumulation which can be drained with a needle
· Temporary numbness in the affected area
· Skin infections are rare but possible
When to expect results
After liposuction, swelling typically subsides within four weeks. By this time, the treated area should look less bulky and gradually leaner.
Duration & Downtime
The procedure takes an average of 3-4 hours and within a few days (3-4), you should be comfortable enough to return to work.
Note: All our products & procedures are USFDA (U.S Food & Drug Administration) approved and based on American protocols on which our Lead Specialist – Dr. Kotecha has been trained.
Make your booking for Liposuction or any of our services & products via 0758 232 889 or visit us at Forest Mall, Block B, GF4.
Copyright (C) 2022 RefineUg. All rights reserved.
GF4, Block B – Forest Mall, Lugogo Bypass